Mencap Careers Apply For Mencap Volunteer Visitor And Events Officer Jobs | Employment Opportunity In Mencap | Recruitment In Mencap | Jobs On Mencap Careers Portal At www.Mencap -careers.com | UK Government Job Vacancies 2021 | Vacancy In Mencap |
Job Seekers In UK Who Are Searching For Mencap Careers, There Are Great Opportunities On Mencap Careers Portal. Mencap Recently Published A Notification For Hiring For Events Officer, Candidates Who Are Interested And Keep Eligibility For Hiring Position. Check All Details About Mencap Events Officer Jobs. Then Apply For Events Officer Jobs In Mencap . But Before Apply Also Visit Mencap ‘s Official Careers Portal.
Mencap Jobs 2021 Apply For Mencap Volunteer Visitor Jobs in UK
Mencap Recently Published A Notification For Hiring For Mencap Volunteer Visitor, Candidates Who Are Interested And Keep Eligibility For Hiring Position. Check All Details About Mencap Mencap Volunteer Visitor Job Vacancy In UK. Candidates who have Enough Educational Qualification And Experience can apply for Mencap Careers Vacancy 2021. The Company will pay A Expected £ 22,031 per year after selection.
Mencap Mencap Volunteer Visitor Jobs Briefed Summary According to Official Mencap Careers Portal
|Job Role||Mencap Volunteer Visitor|
|Job Location||London, UK|
|Salary / Payout||Expected. Pay Of £ 22,031 per year|
|Type Of Job||London, England Jobs|
Detailed Description Job
You will spend time with a lady with a learning disability, visiting her 6 times a year.
She is in her 70’s and lives in a care home in Streatham.
This lady loves dancing and is known as the “dancing queen” where she lives. She also recognises all the old songs.
You will spend time getting to know her and joining in with her favourite activities. As well as sharing these interests you’ll be providing companionship.
We believe that having a Mencap visitor will make a huge difference. You will be introduced and get to know her with the support of Mencap staff.
Visits are every 2 months. You can visit one day on the weekend. Or week days Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday will be fine.
Visits will last around 1-1.5 hours.
You will make 6 visits per year, and we ask for a minimum commitment of 1 year.
This person lives in Streatham. Before applying please check your journey to make sure it’s practical for you.
As a Mencap Visiting Volunteer you will be:
- 18 or over
- Friendly and approachable
- Reliable and patient
- Able to use initiative
- Accepting of others who might be different to yourself
- Have good communication and listening skills
In addition, it is mandatory that you take a lateral flow test on the day of your volunteering.
- Personalised training and induction
- To feel fully supported in your role
- Agreed out-of-pocket expenses to be reimbursed (e.g. travel, a meal out with the person you visit)
- Meet new people
- Learn new skills
- Feel appreciated and valued
- You will be making a difference!
Mencap is the leading learning disability charity in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. We work with people with a learning disability and their families to challenge prejudice and change laws, and we directly support thousands of people to live their lives as they choose.
We have an ambitious vision for the UK to be the best place in the world for people with a learning disability to live happy and healthy lives.
Volunteering with us is YOUR opportunity to help us achieve this, whilst having the chance to develop your skills, meet new people and join a passionate and dedicated team.
Mencap Jobs 2021 Apply For Events Officer Jobs in UK
Mencap Recently Published A Notification For Hiring For Events Officer, Candidates Who Are Interested And Keep Eligibility For Hiring Position. Check All Details About Mencap Events Officer Job Vacancy In UK. Candidates who have Enough Educational Qualification And Experience can apply for Mencap Careers Vacancy 2021. The Company will pay A Expected £ 27,953 Per Year after selection.
Mencap Events Officer Jobs Briefed Summary According to Official Mencap Careers Portal
|Job Role||Events Officer|
|Job Location||London, UK|
|Salary / Payout||Expected. Pay Of £ 27,953 Per Year|
|Type Of Job||London, England Jobs|
Detailed Description Job
Who are Mencap ?
We work in partnership with people with a learning disability, and all our services support people to live life as they choose. Everyone wants a purposeful job – to do something meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You will have opportunities to develop as a person, colleague, leader and activist. We want to make you feel inspired to reach your potential.
Our work includes;
- providing high-quality, flexible services that allow people to live as independently as possible in a place they choose
- providing advice through our help lines and web sites
- campaigning for the changes that people with a learning disability want
Do you have a passion for Events Stewardship and want to make a difference to the lives of people with a learning disability?
If you have just answered yes, then we could have the perfect role for you.
Mencap are looking for a hard-working and passionate Events Officer who will play a pivotal part in supporting our fantastic fundraisers to meet their fundraising targets on events such as the Virgin Money London Marathon, Great North Run and Royal Parks Half Marathon. In this varied role, no two days will be the same, you will be involved in marketing events, recruiting and stewarding events participants and will create touchpoints to engage supporters and advise them on how to get the most out of their fundraising.
This role is a full time (37.5 hrs per week) fixed term contract for 12 months. The role will be based at our Centre of Engagement in Central London, but will be home working until we can return to the offices safely.
At Mencap, we value a diverse and inclusive workplace and we intentionally plan for the success of our colleagues in everything we do. We welcome applications from everyone, so come as you are and join us. Together we are Mencap!
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic, creative and highly organised to work across challenge events stewarding our fundraising participants. You will be used to managing your own workload and be able to prioritise your time effectively. You will be experienced in stewarding supporters to reach and exceed their fundraising targets and able to personalise their journey with Mencap. You will also have experience of managing, inspiring and engaging staff or volunteers and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
We are looking for a passionate, well organised individual who loves to make a difference to the lives of the people we support. You will be highly motivated with an emphasis on taking responsibility to get the job done, no matter what.
Key Skills and Experiences:
- Events Fundraising experience
- Project management experience is highly desirable
- Experience of using a fundraising CRM database
- Dealing with various types of incoming correspondence
- Good overall knowledge of MS Office Suite
(Please see the ‘role profile’ for a more extensive list of responsibilities, experiences and key skills required for this role and the full Job Description and Personal Specification)
Does this sound like the role you have been waiting for…?
Please apply with an up to date CV and complete the covering letter, informing us why you are suitable for this role and why you want to work for Mencap.
The role will close on Friday 22nd Jan 2021 and interview will commence on 2nd & 3rd Feb 2021 via Microsoft Teams.
If you require any further information, please contact Lianne in the recruitment team on
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Leader and welcome applicants with disabilities to apply for all roles with us. To find out more about the scheme please visit the direct gov website.
JOB ID 20773Benefits
As well as knowing that what we do is making a positive difference to people’s lives, you will receive fair pay and have access to a wide range of rewards and benefits as one of our employees.
- 32 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme
- Service related sick pay when 6 month probation is completed
- Eligibility to join Mencap Pension Plan where Mencap matches contributions up to 5% on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings. If you don’t join the Plan you start, you will be auto-enrolled after three months with us.
- Membership of Mencap Pension Plan to include up to 3 times salary death in service live cover AND Income Protection of 50% salary to be triggered at 26 weeks of long term sickness
- Loans for debt consolidation, bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback from 3% to 30% at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencap Extras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
- Access to award winning training and development
- T&C’s apply based on contract
How To Apply ? What Is Apply Process For Mencap Careers ?
Check Details About How To Apply For Mencap Careers Given Below :-
- First Of All Visit Mencap Careers Portal.
- Select Job Profile Related To You And Job Location.
- Then Read Full Job Description.
- Click On Apply Now Button.
- Then Fill All Mandatory Details In Application Form.
- After Filling All Details Check Them Carefully That All The Details Are Correct.
- Submit The Application Form.
- And Take A Print Out Of Your Applied Application Form.
Company Contact Details
Related FAQ’s For Mencap Careers 2021
Some Related FAQ’s To Mencap Employment Opportunity
- Which Company Or Department Hiring ?
Ans :- Mencap Company Opened Hirings.
- For Which Location ?
Ans :- Mencap Company Opened Hirings For London, England.
- For Which Job Profile ?
Ans :- Mencap Company Opened Hirings For Events Officer Position.